A local, paid summer internship for Glacier View area students.
- Educate and train local youth in the skills necessary to participate in the Alaskan hospitality and tourism industry.
- Increase awareness of local (Glacier View) job opportunities.
- Enhance individual resumes and skill sets in anticipation of further personal career and/or educational goals.
60-hour internships will run for 4 weeks, with a commitment of 5 hours per day, 3 days per week. Typical schedule is Mon/Wed/Fri or Tue/Thur/Sat 10am-3pm. Three intern sessions will be held during the months of June, July and August. Applications will be accepted until April 15 for this summer’s program.
15-21 years old, must be a U.S. resident. Public, private and home-schooled students encouraged to apply. Students may take up to 3 consecutive internships per summer. Students will be asked to provide a valid Social Security number and complete a W-4 employment form. Students will be paid $8.00/hour and will not be eligible for regular Lodge staff tip pool. Normal payroll deductions will be made for employment-related taxes.
Three Internships Available:
1) Lodgestaff – Restaurant table service, bussing tables, guest check-in and check-out, housekeeping, spa/hot tub operation, espresso coffee, customer service.
2) Culinary Arts – Food handling & preparation, inventory control, kitchen sanitation, plate presentation, menu planning, line cooking, baking.
3) Dishwashing/Groundskeeping – Kitchen sanitation, dishwashing, lawn care, Alaskan gardening, general maintenance, weather observations, refuse engineering.
Students will work side-by-side with the owners, managers and employees of Sheep Mountain Lodge while learning new skills and trades. Students will need to provide their own transportation to the Lodge, and show up to work on-time in a clean and presentable manner. There will be plenty of time for questions and constructive work and performance evaluations. By the end of each internship the student should have a general understanding of the duties, responsibilities and expectations of each position. Successful completion of the internship program may include a letter of recommendation for the student. Past Sheep Mountain Interns will be given priority for future Sheep Mountain Scholarship prizes.
SML Internship App.doc
Learn about the Sheep Mountain Lodge summer internship program on our website, and then download, complete and return this application to participate in this opportunity.
|Author:||Sheep Mountain Lodge|
|Category:||Sheep Mtn Downloads|
|Date:||November 20, 2013|